Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Trying to get organized!

I am trying to get a schedule together for myself and our household.. but I am just not consistant enough to follow through.
A few things I have begun to make my life easier is to do atleast one load of laundry every day. Normally by 10:00 am I have collected all of our sleepwear from the night and our clothes from the day before, and Jeremy’s exercise clothes. If there is room, I may toss in a few towels and perhaps my fitted sheet, since baby sleeps in our bed. This has made the laundry situation more manageable.

I am waking up a bit earlier now, so I can shower BEFORE the girls wake up. Then I don’t have to worry about Lulu manhandling Lola while I am in the shower. My goal was to get Lulu’s smoothie together too, before she woke up but the smoothie-thing may be a bust. She didn’t like the one I made her yesterday. I don’t like smoothies, much less have any fruit mixed or even touch one another. All my fruit must remain independent of each other. So I can’t even taste the stuff, to see if it is awful tasting, or not. I tried to make one on Sunday, Lulu hated it, and Jeremy laughed at it, and asked my why the blueberries were still whole, I guess he wanted them blended. I don’t know why I have such difficulties getting her to eat.

I am also working on our bedtime routine. Lately, I have been taking Lolu upstairs at 9:00, where I wake Lola, feed her, change her and keep her awake until 10:00 before going to sleep. I had previously been taking her up at 10:00 after my tv shows were over, but then we were staying awake until 11 and her first waking is generally at 1:30, so I was waking up EXHAUSTED. Waking her up at 9 for this final hour, seems to be working out for all of us. Besides, I am really enjoying watching tv in my room…. I rarely do that. During the commercials, I get myself dressed, get my clothes and the girls clothes ready for the following day. See… can’t you see how I am trying to get organized?

The only thing that I really screwing up my attempt at scheduling our lives, is Jeremy. He gets home at different times in the evening and wants to go jogging before eating dinner. So, our dinner time is erratic and he always wants to take Lulu on his jog (which gives me a huge break!) but then they come home late, so dinner is late, and then they both take showers late… so her bed time is now getting later and later. We need to work on this. I need this child asleep by 8:00pm. She only wants to snuggle with me, so I have to be glued to her side until she falls asleep.. sometimes having to go from one baby to another. This is putting a damper on my final snack time, aka… IceCream hour.

So many kinks to work out. Monday we went to Stacy and Maddie’s house for a Going Green playdate. Lulu made a frog with googly eyes. Yesterday was a rough day. No nap. Then we went to a KinderMusic class. Lulu TRIED to nap on the way over there, but I refused to let her go down. She was totally amped. Luckily when we got home, Jeremy was there and they went jogging which mellowed her out a bit. Today we will got to Alison and Jake’s house to play in tunnels, tents and with a parachute.
I'll try to take my camera to take pics...
time for lunch... feels like I just ate breakfast!

No comments: