Friday, August 29, 2008

to go, or not to go.....



I (we) are stuck upstairs this weekend. On a whim, Jeremy decided to paint the kitchen and living room....Here are my before pictures. So I sit here contemplating
My cousin is getting married in Torreon, Mexico. I would like to go. I have a new baby and am sortof on maternity leave... but really permanent leave. Airfares are rising, the trip should normally take about 4-5 hours but with flights being cancelled left and right, i would first have to fly to BFE, then on to Torreon, and therefore most flights are averaging 8 hours, 600 bucks. I hate to fly. I would need to pay for a hotel.


I THINK, Jeremy would let me go alone with Lola, while he watch Lulu for a few days. There is no way he would want to go with me, too expensive, for such a short trip without tennis courts.


My Aunt has offered to help pay for the trip, mainly because she needs someone to help my Grandparents with the flight.


oh, i don't know. Normally when I fly, even pre-baby, I was the one who always needed help. I can't manage my own luggage, how the heck will i fare with my own, the baby's, and my grandparents.


I shudder at the thought of how much i would have to pack for baby. The diapers alone would take up an entire suitcase. I remember once, i went to mexico when I was a teenager. I got my period and had to ask for a pad at a hotel we ended up at for lunch. i swear on all that is holy, the housekeeping woman gave me a large sheet of cotton. It was like 12x12 inches, and all I could think was WTF!!!! Logic told me I needed to fold the dang thing, but People, this was in like-1987, and they didn't have pads... come now!!!! I would be sooo afraid to have to rely on diapers in Mexico, just based on past pad-experiences, granted it was 20years ago, but still.


so anyways..... i'll have to put more thought into it. it would be great to see mi familia.. it's been about 7 years., and they really rock!

No comments: